No refunds will be given to students who drop out of the class. If for some reason Compass Technology Group has to cancel Math – O – lympics at a school, the students who have paid will receive a refund for the remaining classes.
Our coaches are instructed to work on a three strike policy. Here’s how it works:
Strike 1: Warning. The student exhibits a behavior that is disruptive to class. The coach warns the student of the inappropriate behavior and asks him / her not to do it again.
Strike 2: The behavior has continued after the warning. The student is moved to another group or near the instructor to complete his / her work there.
Strike 3: The behavior has continued after the warning and being moved. A behavior report will be filled out for our office, the school’s office, and your record.
If after the report has been filled out the behavior still continues, the parent/guardian of the student will be called to come pick up the child. Until he / she picks up the student, the instructor will sit with the child away from the group. The child will lose the opportunity to participate in the rest of the day’s activities.
If at any point during class, even before a warning is given, a student violently and/or purposefully harms another student, both students’ parents will be called immediately. The parents/guardians of the child that does the harming will be asked to remove their child from the class immediately. The parents/guardians of the child that is harmed will be made aware of the incident. A report will be filled out for all parties involved. For everyone’s safety, no information will be given about the other party.
Pick up Policy
Students may be dismissed to one of the three people listed on their registration form. (Parent/Guardian 1, Parent/Guardian 2, Emergency Contact) If an emergency occurs while your child is in our care, please call our office at 678-279-5825 x 801. Becky Schultz will then call your instructor and inform him or her of the situation. If you need someone else to pick up your child other than the three people you list during registration, please follow the password protocols.
1. Call our office at 678-279-5825 and ask for Becky Schultz (ext. 801) or Crystal Bethards (ext. 806)
2. Tell her your name, your child’s name, what school your child is at, and the name of your instructor.
3. Inform Becky or Crystal about the emergency.
4. Give her the password you chose during registration
5. Give her the name of the person picking up your child.
6. Becky or Crystal will call the instructor and inform him or her of the new person picking up the child. The instructor will not be given information about the type of emergency unless you state otherwise. This is to prevent your child from hearing news the wrong way. We prefer that parents be the ones to tell the child what is going on after an emergency has occurred.
7. The instructor will confirm the name you gave by asking for the person’s driver’s license. Please make sure your new pick up person has his/her ID ready at pick up.
Our instructors work very hard to make class fun for your child. They are paid only for the hour of teaching the team. Because an instructor will NEVER leave a child alone at the school, they have to stay until each parents has picked up their student. If you are late, they are watching your child on their own time. Because of this, there will be a late fee of $1 per minute that you are late. We understand that things happen and sometimes traffic is worse than usual. Because of this, you have a “grace period” of five minutes. If you arrive in the first five minutes after class, the late fee will not be collected. If you arrive after the first five minutes, please kindly pay the instructor the late fee. Class ends at 3:45. The grace period ends at 3:50.